Medical Female Hormone Progesterone CAS 57-83-0 Raw Material Drugs
|Synonyms:||Luteol; lutren; Luteum; Lutein; CIDR; pregn-4-en-3,20-dione;
Gestron; U 3672; D4-pregnene-3,20-dione; Pregn-4-ene-3,20-dione;
Lutin; Crinone; 4-Pregnene-3,20-dione; Progesterone; Lutex;|
Appearance & Physical State: Crystalline Powder
Melting Point: 128-132ºC
Boiling Point: 447.2ºC at 760mmHg
Flash Point: 166.7ºC
Refractive Index: 182 ° (C=2, Dioxane)
Stability: Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
Storage Condition: Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly
closed container. Hormones and antibiotics room.
- Progesterone is a female hormone important for the regulation of
ovulation and menstruation.
- Progesterone is used to cause menstrual periods in women who have
not yet reached menopause but are not having periods due to a lack
of progesterone in the body.
- It is also used to prevent overgrowth in the lining of the uterus
in postmenopausal women who are receiving estrogen hormone
- Progesterone should not be used to prevent heart disease or
dementia, because this medicine may actually increase your risk of
developing these conditions.
Uses of Progesterone
Progesterone is used to help prevent changes in the uterus (womb)
in women who are taking conjugated estrogens aftermenopause.
It is also used to properly regulate the menstrual cycle and treat
unusual stopping of menstrual periods(amenorrhea) in women who are
|Test Items||Specification||Test Results|
|Description||White crystalline powder||White crystalline powder|
|Identification||IR , UV conform||Conform|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5ml||0.21ml|
|Residue on ignition||Not more than 0.2%||0.06ml|
|Iron||Not more than 0.005%||0.0018%|
|Heavy metals||Not more than 0.001%||0.0006%|
|Related substances||Total: Not more than 1.0%|
Individual: Not more than 0.5%
|E-isomer||Not more than 0.3%||0.19%|
|Organic volatile impurities||Conforms||Conforms|
You should not take progesterone if you:
- Are allergic to progesterone or any of its inactive ingredients
- Have a history of blood clots, including acute thrombophlebitis or
- Have breast or genital cancer
- Have liver disease
- Have had an abortion or ectopic pregnancy
- Have lost consciousness or ability to function normally after a
- Have bleeding problems