Nutritional Supplements L-Cysteine CAS 52-90-4 Skin Whitening and
Anti Aging Powder
|Melting point||220 °C (dec.)(lit.)|
|alpha||8.75 º (c=12, 2N HCl)|
|refractive index||8.8 ° (C=8, 1mol/L HCl)|
|storage temp.||Store at RT.|
|solubility||H2O: 25 mg/mL|
|Water Solubility||280 g/L (25 ºC)|
|Stability:||Stability Stable, but may be air sensitive. Incompatible with
oxidizing agents, bases.|
- L-cysteine, also known as cysteine, is a non-essential amino acid
of the human body. Amino acids are protein components and protein
is the material basis of life. Ranging from human to microorganism,
all consist of protein. Protein is composed of peptides, and
peptide chain is composed of amino acids. Different proteins are
composed of peptide chains in different order and length. Genes
related to heredity are in fact amino acid chains in different
- L-cysteine is closely related to cysteine, and two molecules of
cysteine can form a cysteine. Cysteine is relatively unstable and
easy to become cysteine. Cystine can also re-generate cysteine.
These two both are sulfur-containing amino acids, which affect the
formation of skin and can be used for detoxification.
- L-cysteine is present in keratin, which is the major protein that
makes up nails, toenails, skin and hair.
- L-cysteine can help the production of collagen, and can maintain
the skin's elasticity and texture. It is also related to the
protein of digestive enzymes, and cysteine can supply –SH group to
many important enzymes, such as succinate dehydrogenase and lactate
((( Health Benefits )))
- L-cysteine is an important precursor for antioxidants such as
glutathione – a product metabolized in the liver. Glutathione is
essential for the breakdown of toxins in the body, such as alcohol.
L-cysteine is also the precursor for other important antioxidants
that help ward off cancer by decreasing the incidence of cell
- Cancer is caused by the replication of genetic mistakes (mutations)
that go unnoticed by the cell’s recognition system. In healthy
cells, mutations are caught and denatured before replication
- If mutations are not caught, then the on/off mechanisms that
monitor cell formation may be disrupted allowing uncontrolled
proliferation of cells into tumors. A healthy cell rich in amino
acids such as L-cysteine, has a better chance of sensing and
discarding such mutations.
- L-cysteine benefits can also include improved heart and circulatory
system health. Inflammation plays a key role in heart health. The
inflammation response causes a cascade of events to bring fluids,
proteins and cells to damaged tissues.
- Human hair is rich in two basic amino acid compounds, l-cystine and
l-tyrosine, with l-cystine comprising up to 14% of the hair. When
hair is dissolved (hydrolyzed) in hydrochloric acid, these
compounds can be separated and recovered. L-cystine is actually
comprised of two l-cysteine amino acids that are joined together,
and when this bond is broken using a hydrolysis reaction,
l-cysteine is released.
- L-cysteine is an essential part of hair growth and strength but of
course it is not enough to sustain hair health on its own. It is
the body and the cells within the body that utilize nutrients like
L-cysteine and build them into structures like hair. Therefore, we
must always be conscious of the things we eat and eat a
well-balanced diet avoiding or limiting known toxins.
- Cysteine is a fundamental ingredient in the synthesis of collagen.
Collagen, in turn, is the most important element for the production
of keratin in hair. Collagen is also required for supporting
healthy skin and nails.
- A study conducted with women suffering from diffuse hair loss found
that taking cysteine in combination with millet seed extract and
pantothenic acid can lead to a normalization in hair growth after
just three months of therapy.
|Appearance||White Crystals or Crystalline Powder|
|State of Solution||≥95.0%|
|Other Amino Acids||Conforms|
|Loss on Drying||≤ 0.50%|
|Residue on Ignition||≤ 0.10%|